Podcast

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Talk of the Town

So in case you hadnt figured it out yet, its a low-content week here at Cockeyed Caravan. Oh the plans I had, oh the pile of Netflix movies thats staring me in the face, but its not to be... Instead, this blog has been becoming kind of... like a real blog. I dont want to go too far in that direction, but heres my bloggiest blog post yet, in which I blandly boast about the chi-chi parties Ive been to around Old New Amsterdam...

Some friends of mine had a launch party for the latest issue of their zine, I Love Bad Movies. This one has a piece from yours truly-- Their theme was Visions of the Future so I adapted and expanded my write-up of Demolition Man. We all got together to launch it last night over beers at the great Brooklyn bar Sharlenes. (Okay, full disclosure, I know Sharlene, too, but I can still make an independent judgment about the quality of her bar) If you like reading about movie-love, and I know you do, order yourself a copy of the zine here.

I also discovered that a ludicrously over-the-top party I attended a week or two ago wound up getting write-ups in all sorts of places. And of course there was Old Owl Eyes in the corner, looking on disdainfully at all of the wickedness...
I had heard them singing, each to each, but then I realized that they were singing for the popcorn guy behind me. That’s our hostess on the left, by the way. And okay, here’s another:

This is me, my lovely wife (looking oddly worried, but you can see her having a better time above) and a couple next to us that we didn’t know-- well it turns out that the guy is the massively talented keyboardist Franz Nicolay, recently departed from one of my favorite bands, “The Hold Steady”, so that's pretty cool.

No comments: